My Defender smells

Listen guys - go to Petsmart or similar and buy a large bottle of enzyme cleaner called 'Simple Solution' It cleans and kills the smell of everything from cat pee to vindaloo puke. trust me I know.

Willie B(een there done that!)

Reply to
Willie B

Its a Land Rover mate!

Reply to
SimonJ

"Willie B" wrote

B*gger, why didn't I think of that stuff, got a 5ltr bottle in the cupboard, we use it to spot clean our carpets and for when one of our moggies is sick etc, it's brilliant stuff.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

When you put your nose to the seats they stink like dog muck

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Surely a powerwash will do no good for the muck several inches down in the seats?

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Stick yer nose on any seat and its the seats.

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Sounds a possiblity. Is that from any Petshop then? (not having a pet)

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

How often do I need to do that? :)

Reply to
Robin

so Robin was, like...

Service item. Every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever is first. Could get a bit bunged-up waiting, however.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In article , Trevor Appleton writes

Disinfectant isn't cleaner.

Try a really good carpet cleaner. I got a bulk supply of some from my local janitorial cleaning supplier (Pattersons, if you're in Bristol).

For the really cruddy stuff in the vehicles, it goes in the detergent tank of the jetwash (used on middling power of course). Works a treat, but does take ages to dry in this weather.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

In article , Tom Woods writes

They're often open weave too, in which case jet from the back first to push the dirt out - worked on the Seat in the summer rather well..

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Makes it easier then! Maybe rip out whatever floor covering there is in there and clean it anyway? When i say seat covers i mean the outer skin of the seat. They generally are removable (though it can be a bit of a bugger to get em off!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Should be available at all larger pet stores at least, here's an extract from the petsathome website:

240ml. Also available in 470ml and 945ml bottles. You don't need a miracle to remove stubborn pet stains and odors - just a SIMPLE SOLUTION?. More than just an ordinary deodorizer, SIMPLE SOLUTION? completely eliminates all organic stains and odors. We're talking urine, faeces, blood, dirt, grass, red wine, juice, coffee, tea and more. (usual landy stuff) As a matter of fact, SIMPLE SOLUTION? works the first time, every time! Guaranteed! That's because SIMPLE SOLUTION? combines advanced cleansers with beneficial bacteria and enzymes. This combination provides a powerful punch yet is safe to use on carpets, upholstery, pet bedding, clothing, tile, concrete, brick and any other water-safe surface. Better yet, all the ingredients in SIMPLE SOLUTION? are non-toxic and are harmless to pets and people.

Bigger the better and cheaper, last bottle I bought was 2.5 litre with 100% free, giving 5 litres for about £10ish

Willie B

Reply to
Willie B

Have you checked the foam cushions themselves inside the seat as they would absorb residue like any sponge.

Reply to
John Oakes

Wel did use a hosepipe inside, as we used to do with the Countryside ranger Landrover when I worked for Devon County Council, but a powerwasher seemed a bit sevre. I can't imagine it not getting in places (car rdaio) where it shouldn't.

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

I did clean out my Devon County Council Landrover when I worked there as a Countryside ranger with a hospipe. Its just that my experience of powerwashers is that they strip away anything thats loose, and I can't imagine being able to keep water out of the electrics.

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

What do you mean when you say 'checked'? The foam seats is where the problem lies in my opinion.

I'll use the Simple Solution and bring them in the house to dry in front of the stove. Can't be as bad as the smells I'm getting from the stove see (uk.people.consumers)

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Hello Trevor. Fortunately my foams were in a poor condition due lying idol and smelling of mould. So I just replace them from BLRS.

Reply to
John Oakes

In article , John Oakes writes

The children wanted me to name the 110 Madonna, because it can't sing...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

#

Is there a website for BLRS I can't find anything?

Reply to
Trevor Appleton