Need advise to change broken glass on 1995 RR Classic tailgate

Good day...

The tailgate glass of my 1995RR Classic has a crack. I want to replace it with a new glass. The frame is in perfect condition with no rust. Is it replacable?.. How hard is to replace it? Did anyone have the same problem? I need your advice please..

Thanks for your time.... Cheers,

Reply to
amond77

It's covered on your insurance & i wouldn't want to take one apart!

Reply to
Nige

I've done one the other way round and it isn't impossible. Can't say that I enjoyed the experience either.

Your biggest problem might be getting the glass on its own. I'd suggest dismantling the old unit and examining it in detail before buying the glass - the frame may not be as good as you think.

Reply to
Dougal

I've got a spare tailgate glass if you want one.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

In message , Oily writes

and I've got a rotten tailgate with glass somewhere abouts. Depends where you are in the country really - glass is generally easy the frames are more difficult!

Reply to
AJG

This might be of help:

Richadr

Reply to
Richard

Although having looked at the page I find that it is not helpful at all. Sorry!

I did find one that had excellent instructions on how to dismantle and rebuild a top tailgate. I'll post it if I find it.

IIRC replacing vehicle and/or tailgate was seen as a less nerve-wracking option :-)

Richard

Please do I have more than a little inkling I will be needing it shortly.

Derek They burned down the gambling house It died with an awful sound

Reply to
Derek

Sorry Derek, been through more anonymous bookmarks than I thought possible, but without success. I always have good intentions about giving them meaningful names :-(

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I know just what you mean I started arranging my landy links a couple of weeks back and found a surprising number of duplicates couple more weeks and I should be able to find stuff.would be handy if it turns up. Derek "memory loss means never having to say sorry"

Reply to
Derek

I've also got a good tailgate glass, (in a rotten tailgate), free if anyone wants it. Its in Kent.

Gordon

Reply to
gordon