Tailgate

The display above the steering wheel shows the tailgate as open when the tailgate is closed. Everytime I stop and start to move again, the car beeps. It will also keep the lights on as if a door is open, and drain the battery, so I turned all interior lights off.

Does anyone know how to fix the tailgate, or do something to stop the beeping. I don't think it's as easy as pulling a fuse.

Reply to
cdilger2

1996 RR 4.0 SE
Reply to
cdilger2

It is the switch in the tailgate, you need to locate it then bypass it, it switches to earth so removing it is easy enough. Sorry that I don't know where it is.

Reply to
Andy

On or around Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:34:35 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com enlightened us thusly:

bwaahahahhaha

sorry.

chances are it's an iffy sensor/switch on the tailgate. either that or it's something really, really stupid and unconnected with the tailgate in any conceivable manner.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:34:35 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com enlightened us thusly:

btw, note that the "door open" switch is probably in the lock, not on the sill or anything. 'tis on the only thing I've got with such an indicator.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The switch is inside the lock mechanism located at the top of the lower tailgate, mine did the same. I think I managed to fiddle with it after removing it, but it's not adjustable. When the latch closes, a part of it presses on the switch. If you can't fix it, you'll need to replace it. DON'T try bypassing it (difficult job anyway) as it also stops the air suspension from dropping while the tailgate is open.

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler