[= Need Help on Warranty Decision for 1999 Discovery II =]

Subject: Need Help on Warranty Decision for 1999 Discovery II

I have a 1999 Land Rover Discovery Series II with just under 50K miles. I am considering getting an extended warranty and would like to get some advise from other owners of Disco II vehicles.

I bought the truck just over a year ago. It has been great so far with no problems.

I would like to know if there are any problems that might be encountered that would make it worth getting an extended warranty.

The warranty that I am looking for is Westchester Mechanical Breakdown policy from Advocar. The cheapest that I can get would be a two year 24,000 mile coverage for $1000.00 with a $200.00 deductible. It has a pretty comprehensive coverage including major items as well as things like power window motors etc.

Basically, I am looking for recommendations if I should get a warranty, or save my money and pay for problems as they come along.

The odometer will hit 50K in a couple of days and the warranty cost will go up quite a bit, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

Contact me by email at: snipped-for-privacy@mbay.net (remove the NOSPAM from the email address)

-Thor Rasmussen

Reply to
Thor Rasmussen