New Laws

^^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^^ Complete bollocks.

Please take this thread to alt.conspiracy.crap.fuckwits.galore

Reply to
Mother

Maybe you should Take Your Self & Learn Some Respect For Others Jb

Reply to
Danny Boy

On or around Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:01:43 +0100, "Danny Boy" enlightened us thusly:

maybe you should learn not to top-post.

I'm inclined to agree with Martyn: I seriously doubt that the cameras contain technology capable of reading a moving barcode at several meters distance. The barcode is in fact read in the post office when it's issued, and at the same time they scan one on your renewal form or registration document, which matches up the tax disc with your vehicle in the database. That bit is right, however.

I presume eventually there'll be a printer to put the vehicle details on the disc, but in our PO they still write it by hand.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Why? Respect is something to earn. The original post was "complete bollocks", utterly devoid of factual accuracy or any supporting evidence.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Sigh... Another top posting, clueless, illiterate f****it netfraud who wants the world to revolve around them...

Reply to
Mother

I agree but it got a good thread going didn't it till the next one

Grant

Reply to
Grant Jump

I can get off the shelf readers that will read very small barcodes at up to 100 Hz and/or 6 m/s subject speed. In the real world that requires

a) a very high-quality code (print quality) b) perfect lighting (strobe flash usually) c) careful optimisation of subject position and reader position d) a 'matchcode' function - i.e. if it doesn't read or the barcode '1234' stop the line, rather than transmit to host, read database, apply logic and send back 'OK' or 'fail'

So, whilst it might be possible "Tomorrow's World" style to read a barcode at 50 meters (easy), or read a barcode at highish speed (easy) or read a barcode through glass (easy) or read a damaged barcode (easy) or read a barcode in an unknown position (easy), doing all of the above for hundreds of subjects per minute in many thousands of locations is neither feasible nor even 'on the map' as far as I know.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs