New Navigation CD - how to use!

I have just received a new Navigation CD for use in my Harmon Karden navigation system in my Freelander. It comes with no instructions as to how to get the unit to recognise it as the system Nav CD. When inserted, any attempt to try to use the nav system gets the prompt 'please insert nav cd' and it isn't happy until the old cd is put back. My dealer says that this is something they have to do and won't tell me how. Surely this can't be that hard?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Reply to
harrpu

I presume you got your disc straight from NavTech or some such, not from the dealer. I do the same with my 328 and have no problems, I,just insert the new disc (with the ignition off) and away. Contact your supplier, they must know how to overcome this problem and they supplied it for use in your vehicle, which it doesn't work in yet.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Thanks Bob - I'll try just that!

Reply to
harrpu

For anyone else who may have the same problem: Having spoken to Nav Tech I have discovered that my Landrover dealer registered me with them as having a Range Rover with the video system, so it's not too surprising that it doesn't work in my Freelander (you'd think a dealer would know the difference!).... Ah well. I now need to send the disk back and get the correct one.

Reply to
harrpu