rough running+heater matrix

HI I've a 3.9 vogue. When I load the electrics (turn on the main beam, heater fan, window heater etc) it starts to run rough as though it's missing and lose a lot of power. Anyone heard of this before or have any ideas? Also the heater matrix is leaking. Is this a pain in the a... to sort out. It's old and just been squeezed through it's MOT, so not worth anything therefore do want to waste money on it. In fact have tried to sell it but no interest so going to try to keep it going on a shoe string. B Bear

Reply to
All

On or around Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:19:58 -0000, "All" enlightened us thusly:

What's the alternator output like? you could be losing voltage in the LT side of the ignition, leading to weak sparks. or you could have summat dodgy in the ignition, such as an iffy coil. Make sure the coil is the right one, i.e. for electronic ignition, the wrong sort of coil makes for all sorts of odd faults.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeh I was wondering about the alternator. It got changed at about the same time as the trouble started. Thanks for that.

Reply to
All