Oh YES! Classic - one for Martyn ;-)

Lunchtime. Take the Range Rover out to Tesco for fuel and a bit of a rough wash to get the mud and salt off it.

Park up and enter Tesco to get some food.

Wander out....what's this? I spot someone putting something under the wiper of Bagheera. I speed up a bit and catch up with the person. At this point please note I am wearing an Anthrax tour shirt....

Me : "Hi...what's that you put on that 4x4?"

Note sudden worried look, then the up, down, ah he's not the owner look.

Hugger : "A flyer to explain to them how they are destroying the plant "

Me : "Oh....I wonder if they will take any notice? What sort of person drives a car like that anyway?"

Hugger : "Rich t*ats. You know the sort....too stuck up to realise what damage they are doing."

Me : "I'd never thought of that, is that why you want them banned?"

Hugger : "Yes. They should buy smaller and more fuel efficient vehicles that are not so dangerous to pedestrians."

Me : "Ok...as a matter of interest, where can I get these flyers and what car do you drive?"

Hugger points over yonder to an MPV!?! Hugger then explains about the anti-urban 4x4 stuff.

Me : "You have a people carrier, how is that any different?"

Hugger : "It doesn't cost as much!"

Me : "Understood". Cue HUGE grin.

At this point I unlock Bagheera, remove the offending fake ticket, inform the hugger I am going to report her for littering, and thank her for giving me her numberplate.

The look on her face. Absolutely CLASSIC. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a pic with my phone.....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Count yourself lucky some tit glued a A4 sticker to my 4x4 last year and i still havent managed to get it all of the window screen.

Reply to
yimmyyam

Well done for not telling her what I'd probably have told her :-)

I've just made a couple of stickers for my 101s, BTW:

"Chelsea Gun Tractor"

Local Mountain Rescue Defender got an egg thrown at it in Waitrose car park last Saturday - what a very odd world we seem to be living in.

Reply to
Mother

Makes me glad not to be living in the towns, it's worth putting up with the inconveniences of country living to avoid the mass twattery that I've encountered on the rare occasions when I have lived in a town.

Bloody townies!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Try moving to a nice big violent city like Liverpool.

Get no grief for owning a 4x4 here :-D

Reply to
Pete M

Neil Brownlee nearly made me spill my Shiraz on 12/04/2006 15:24 by writing:

Neil, I owe you a beer for that one!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cunningham

Yes, but he owes me a new keyboard. Hot coffee damage.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It irritates me how he keeps beating around the bush. Sometimes I wish he'd just be a little more direct and say what he means.

Reply to
Mother

This Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Reply to
Nige

This Nige anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

Reply to
Richard Brookman