Oil leak ffs. 300tdi

Harsh, mate ... very harsh.

Harsh, but fair ... ;)

You fitted that snorkel yet?

Also, did you say you were getting a 2" lift? Shocks and springs? If so, I'd be interested in your old ones .. mine are getting shagged and yours looked like they were reasonably good condition and maybe even Heavy duty?

Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx (mobile)

Fuck me, what a saga, took the whole thing to bits, it was leaking from the top of the timing case, one bolt was loose, as in finger loose. Tightened it right up & cleaned it all off with brake cleaner, sealed with sealer & it's OK now.

Took it for a good run, got back to find no oil coming down the casing, but a thin line of oil creeping round the front of the sump. I reckon it's coming from the oil filter housing too, no wonders it's leaking like f*ck!

Next job, steam clean the whole underneath again, trace the leak on that side.

All this is stopping me cutting holes in the wings for me snorkel!

Reply to
Nige

You can indeed, the rears are nearly new, the fronts seem ok, you can also help me get 'em off matey!

Reply to
Nige

I'm pretty free this coming weekend, so far, but not the next. ;)

You still got my number? If not email me and I'll call you tomorrow night.

Reply to
Paul - xxx (mobile)

Did you get a dremal Nige saw em in Netto when I was getting a pie must be handy for getting the crust off ;-) Derek

Reply to
Derek

Ere wo you calling a dipstick?

Reply to
GbH

Lost me phone, so mno numbers bar a few. Text me or ring & if they have one in stock, we might be able to sort.

Reply to
Nige