oil light question

89 Rangie Classic NAS 3.8L Auto

when I turn the key to the on position the oil light blinks. I pop the bonnet and check the oil level. its normal. I go and start the car the light flickers....goes off...then as I start to drive comes on steady. I stop the car...check the oil sending unit connection and it seem to be good. oil level good. no valve tap at covers. no blue smoke out the back pipe. light goes out after a few minutes...so I continue to drive the auto everyday for

2 weeks with no trouble.

I would like to hook up a mechanical gauge and test the pressure at idle and at an upper RPM. What is the recommended PSI?

What could be causing this? Is there a way to test the sender prior to getting a new one?

Thanks Jack

kerouax AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
Jack Kerouac