Oil Pressure Guage/Ammeter

1986 90 2.5 petrol Anyone know if an Oil Pressure Gauge and an Ammeter are available to fit the standard dashboard holes and who might sell such gauges?
Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:30:38 +0100, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

yes, motor factors or one of the online types. get the sort of oil gauge with a pipe, more hassle to fit but better.

TIM brand gauges are common, and you want 52mm ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'd not bother with an ammeter - the length of cable needed will cause noticeable voltage drop. Use a voltmeter instead - it'll let you know if the alternator has stopped charging.

Reply to
EMB

"Austin Shackles" wrote after "Bob Hobden"

So this sort of thing you think is better than the electronic type. Ebay Item number: 140145200690 Would the "sender" fit I wonder? Probably will as it's from another BL vehicle.

Bob.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:01:38 +0100, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

that looks like it. If it's a complete kit it comes with a variety of adapters, worth asking before buying. no guarantee that you get the right adapter, still. What engine are you buying it for, I might be able to look up the oil switch. Ideally, you need to ask what thread it's to fit.

I recall making an adapter out of an old oil pressure switch for something, forget which engine. vandalise the switch and tap a thread into it... but ideally, you don't need to do that. That was to refit a gauge without the original fitting kit.

I've had the electronic type - didn't like it and the "sender" was a bulky item that won't fit all engines without an extension, which later broke.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin Shackles" wrote after "Bob Hobden" >

1986 2.5 petrol

Thanks for the advise.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:19:31 +0100, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

book says it's M10x1 thread, but the book's been known to be wrong.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin Shackles" wrote after "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

Thanks Austin.

Reply to
Bob Hobden