On Topic - this time RR seats into a S111

I am able to get a pair of old range rover seats and wish to put them in my early S111 109 SW. They are grubby velour ( SP ? ) but intact.

Is there much work involved ?

How much should I offer ? ( he's a friend , don't want to offend )

If I can get something slightly more comefortable, I might wan't to travel further to events. Or even one.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
megalowmania

The Range Rover seats have their own seat base. To fit those seats to a series Land Rover you'll need to remove the rails from the base and somehow fit them to the seat base of your 109. Then you have the problem of height. I think they'll be too high but I could be wrong.

Alternatively I fitted some Bedford Rascal seats in my 2A Forward Control (I assume the roof and seatbase dimensions are the same between

2As and 3s) which were very comfortable and allowed for plenty of driver movement which is so often necessary with 4x4s.
Reply to
PDannyD

It depends on the age of the Range Rover...

I fitted 1989 Range Rover seats into SWMBO's 90 - quite an easy job BUT S111 seat boxes aren't as deep as the 90 ones which will give you problems I suspect.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

The previous owner put seat very similar to the RR into our series 3, from a Rover. It isn't at all comfortable and restricts leg movement, especially when you need a set of steps to get into it in the first place! The seat is also lower at the back than the front which makes it really had work when you are only 5ft2!

Reply to
Nikki

Thanks all for the replies.

It would seem that there is more work involved than a simple remove base from seat and make a fixed base on seat box. And they may be too tall.

I'll just leave it for the moment. I was just offered them, which got me thinking.

Thanks to everyone.

Paul

Reply to
megalowmania