OT: Anyone need a kitchen?

We are just about to get a new kitchen fit, the existing kitchen is in great condition, Mr's I wants a new one & who am I to argue now she's letting me funk up me Landie!

It's quite big & if your interested, i can send you pictures, it's blue & pear. It's clean & we don't smoke etc etc. Be a shame to wang it in a skip as it's has years of life left in it. We know the local kitchen fitters, so we get very decent prices, so it's not costing too much to replace it.

If it helps someone out, you can have it for nothing, as long as you help me take it out!

Located in Yorkshire.

I'll post some pics up later

Reply to
Nige

How rude.

Reply to
BGN

You wish!

Reply to
Nige

Somebody has just spent all their cash on 101 engines and saab parts and my kitchen is starting to look a bit old and mismatched....

send me some pics please nige! email address will work if you take out the obvious spamtrap bit.

I'm not sure im convinced by blue and pear though and dont have much time at the mo :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

Try your local "freecycle" list, they're pretty good for getting rid of that kind of thing. Just make sure you unsubscribe straight afterwards or you'll end up getting tempted by all sorts of stuff from it!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I am constantly amazed at the useless old tat that I can offload to pikeys :-)

Or just opt out of the mailing lists.

Reply to
Dan White

I got rid of 17 computers from my loft, a fire grate, an old black and decker workmate with a warped top, and shitloads of other stuff, great! Mind you I did pick up two dishwashers, a camping table, a video recorder, a collection of Winston Churchill's books on the war, a very nice 60s travel trunk and a load of other stuff.. So much for clearing the house out!

Prob is that stuff goes so damned fast, if you want to get stuff off the lists you've got to be on the website all the time.. Not a problem if you're trying to get rid of things though.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The longest I have waited for a request is 34 minutes!

The thing that does irritate though is that I always post a "TAKEN" message, yet for days afterwards I still get emailed asking if it's still available.

Reply to
Dan White

I didn't manage to get rid of four minidisc racks so not everything goes sadly. Might try again.

On my local list someone's just offloaded live *silkworms*, as in live bugs you get silk from! Bloody Dorset's full of weirdo types.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

All the local dole-bludgers sit on FreeCycle all day snapping up the decent stuff.

I've seen them snap up stuff they wouldn't have the slightest clue about and certainly wouldn't have a use for it.

Mind you, it's worth staying subscribed for the comedy wanted posts.

Reply to
SteveH

But enough clue to take to the local boot sale and flog... One of our local freecycle/share lists has just introduced a rule to try and stop people taking stuff to flog. The "taken" posts should now include who took the item(s).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:34:08 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

Witham SV are selling some sankey field kitchens... now, if you register the disco as a haulage tractor you can tow 2 trailers, weld a hitch up to the back of the filed kitchen for the caravan...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

now yer talking! Roadtrain!

Reply to
Nige

Wanted: Laptop - must have dual core processor and DVD writer

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

In article , Dr Zoidberg wrote: [Snip]

We've had people asking for PS3s and HD LCD TV sets on our local list!

Reply to
Paul Vigay

If you was closer to norwich i'd come up with me horsebox and have it all cos we're about to gut ours..

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

I can see the reasoning behind this, and it has irritated me in the past to be emailed with exactly the same wording by the same person several times in quick succession as I list items. When this happens I just ignore them and give the stuff to the *next* person to ask.

On the other hand, playing devil's advocate here... so what if they do flog it? If I had the time and could be bothered, *I* could flog some of the old tat I give away on FC. If the primary goals of FC are to stop stuff going to landfill and re-use it, you could say that flogging it on achieves exactly that.

Reply to
Dan White

think you need a showmans licence to do that though....

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dan White" saying something like:

I find that slightly irritating too. A better way of arranging the postings (or allowing a title edit) would result in the 'offered' and 'taken' messages being stuck together.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember ZoNeHeaD® saying something like:

For saving the price of a kitchen, it's worth a few quid in diesel, surely?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon