OT - cheap batteries and chargers

T'other day I posted about my cheap as chips fake-sony batteries on here (£1 each, instead of £45). I also have a cheap replacement charger or two.

10 minutes ago had a fantastic bang and flash from kitchen (we were in living room and 'felt' the bang). Charger, whilst physically intact, is now dead and has left a big burn mark up the wall. Wouldn't have wanted to be within 6 feet when it went up.

Batteries and charger now in bin, about to visit Sony Ericsson site with credit card.

Phone, surprisingly, is in full working order...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

We had a crappy charger like that too. Its not strictly speaking the fault of the battery.

Steve

Reply to
Steve