OT: Google Earth

Has anyone else seen this?

Search for anything in the world and it will find it! Some pictures are clearer than others, e.g. if you search on Solihull, or London...some of the pictures are fascinating. e.g search on B92 8NW and you'll see a clear aerial shot of the Lode Lane factory!

Thanks, Paul

-------------------------

1992 Range Rover Vogue SE "Arthur"
Reply to
Pacman

On or around Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:43:02 +0100, "Pacman" enlightened us thusly:

clever, ain't it. You can download one, or look at it online.

online earth thing:

there's a moon one, too:

Austin Shackles

so Pacman was, like...

Yes, found it the other day and spent a fun evening checking out all my previous lives. I eventually found Malham Cove (favourite spot) after a lot of searching with a road atlas in one hand. I doesn't look half as impressive from space! It won't go down to individual house detail, but damn near. Great fun.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:00:29 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

will on some bits, where there's more detail.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

here is a url you all may be interested in

btw its nothing to do with me :)

bellautos

My house is clearly visible, the pictures are at least two years old because we painted the roof August 2003. Two great features in South Africa are the Tswaing crater (using decimal minutes S25.40779 E28.08189) and the Vredefort Dome (now a world heritage site) which is about 100 km South West of Johannesburg. The ripples of the crater are around Jhb. You can clearly see that the meteorite was travelling from the south.

Reply to
Landynut

On or around Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:35:26 +0200, "Landynut" enlightened us thusly:

moving north a bit, vic falls is easily visible.

3 gorges dam in china is out of date, it's further advanced than the pictures show.

If you're using the downloaded one you install on yer comnputer, then the hoover dam, with "terrain" turned on and tilted to somewhere about 20-30 degrees is quite impressive.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin Shackles" wrote

Nearer home I just spend too much time travelling along the R.Thames identifying things like "The Globe", "Buck House", etc in London & things like "Dorney Rowing Centre" further out. Great fun.

Reply to
Bob Hobden