OT: Is this the coolest boat you've ever seen?

Doing a round the world record attempt. I want one!

Matt M

According to the journalist in the video it's got two engines, each being a colossal 500cc each! That's a whole combined engine capacity of one litre! Amazing ;-) Oh and it makes no carbon emissions whatsoever...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I thought I heard that too, but dismissed it as me mis-hearing! Video was crap full-stop I thought, the journalist seemed totally unnatural on camera, and there wasn't enough of the boat belting through big waves!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

On or around Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:26:09 +0100, Matt M enlightened us thusly:

looks like it'd suit this guy:

not the one in the t-shirt, twas just a handy image.

I'm gonna paint it matt black one day and fit LED red eyes in the helmet, instant Darth Vader!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And I thought only the Grauniad was allowed to mash up news stories 2 off

8.3litre Cummins 540hp Mercruisers drinking 51 litres per hour Derek
Reply to
Derek

And breaking down in every conceivable way with monotonous regularity during their last (abandoned) attempt at the record.

Reply to
EMB

Not impressed. Around the world in 60 days? Didn't Dam Ellen do it in 72 under sail alone? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

In message , TonyB writes

The rules are rather easier for sail - they don't need to transit Panama and Suez, I'd guess that the 2 canals have a major impact on the overall speed.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

In article , Will Wilkinson writes

The rules are rather easier for motor, they don't need to transit the Southern Ocean and Cape Horn, I'd guess the 2 canals mean that they can access much seas that are easier to move boat through at speed.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson