Fair deal for the motorist.

A petition thingy that someone sent me a link to.

Seems to sum up exactly how the nation feels about the way the motorist is being treated as a cash cow by the cretins in charge.

I don't normally read the Torygraph, but this one makes sense to me.

Reply to
Pete M

Fuel is harder to smuggle than cigarettes or alcohol. Therefore it can be taxed more. That is, the buyer has no black-market alternative to a tank of petrol just yet.

Other motoring taxes are levies on everyday activities and so there's no avoiding them.

Reply to
Mark W