OT: LR Rave cd on Linux?

I was scrounging around in some wrecks at work for parts for some poor customer and came across a RAVE cd that had been left in one. Saved me the trouble of making a copy of it off the work server, however the question is: has anybody ever run one under Ubuntu? It works under Windows of course - coz it's meant to, however when trying to open the pdf files in my new Ubuntu system, it asks me for the password to open the file (damn). It's not a real hassle, coz I have to boot Windows to read Microcat anyway.

Any ideas without me having do boot back into Windows to read it?

cheers all, Craig.

Reply to
craig

On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 15:16:49 +1000, craig enlightened us thusly:

You need to use the PDF reader on the CD - the rave CDs will only work with their own copy of Adobe, which has the necessary codes built into it.

I wouldn't mind betting there's a way to circumvent this, but I don't know it if there is.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Try it in wine and see if it works. You can install wine from synaptec, and then you can run stuff through it - so try 'wine rave.exe'. That will probably work. Alternatively you could make a vmware windows box under ubuntu and use it in that.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Wine or VM.

Reply to