OT - Odd question about vehicle registration

I'm about to end up in an odd situation where I become of No Fixed Abode for a while - my wife's off to the continent for anything up to six months, and I'm going to be moving into a caravan for the duration, which means that I will be moving around the country once a month or so.

Does anybody know what the regs are with regards things like vehicle registration, address on driving license and such like?

Should I just get my parents to forward mail to me and use their address as my permanant residence point, or (what I was looking at doing) get a MailBoxesEtc PO box and use that as my address.

Anybody done this? Any ideas on what the pros and cons are?

It's pretty much a done deal, now I just have to figure out how to deal with it :)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Paul S. Brown uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Use the parents as a care of address.

1/4 of the traveling faternity - i.e. those who actually have a licence do this. Many of them around our way provide the same address which is Peachy when you go to tell them Mr Quinn is seriously ill in Hospital , they just need to work out which of the 18 Mr Quinns who use that address it is then.

Lee D

Reply to
Dr_D

Thats refreshing to know! (that some of them have licenses!) are many of the addresses near my old residence?

What are you Dr of? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I suppose when I eventually move then will come the spur to update to one of those photo licences.

However I ought to consider the advantages of not updating, for when I move my address will no longer exist (demolished), therefore I will be untraceable so far as the issuing of tickets, and speeding fines goes. Never mind paying my dues to London's Ceaser.

Mind you looking at Google Earth it seems that the picture still shows the blocks that were demolished a couple of years ago.

Reply to
Larry

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Disaster ;-)

Yes one of the addresses is very near your old gaff 8-]

Reply to
Dr_D