OT Ping Lee D ( again )

FWIW your guys have my support in their contest over pay. I hear they've called for the Home Sec to resign today too! Nice one.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

They have my support too.

All of us public sector workers Police, doctors, nurses, teachers etc) were screwed over when they gave us a pay rise less than the rate of inflation after promise all future rises would be reviewed if inflation exceeded certain levels.

Us teachers are likely to ballot soon as well.

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

TonyB uttered summat worrerz funny about:

LOL.

Yep I heard that too just a few hours back.

"Trust and confidence" seems to be the latest buzz phrase you hear from Political corners.

Where I come from trust is something you earn and confidence is what people get when they find their trust is well placed. No matter how many times they band the buzz phrase about they won't get either until they demonstrate they can earn what they desire, I think we could be waiting a long long time.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ditto here too, although I suspect you won't win.

Politicians used to be able to amaze me with their devious, two-faced, bare faced lying but over recent months I have ceased to be even remotely surprised.

Reply to
SteveG

Think of it as a training exercise for when you get older and look to draw your pension. Then you'll really see what they are like.

Reply to
hugh

And mine. When the Police lost the right to strike, the agreement was (IIRC) that the decision of the independent arbitrator would be binding on both sides. That seemed to offer a fair solution to a necessary change.

And now the Government has decided that promises made a while ago are no longer binding on them, and has changed the rules. Nothing less than I would expect from a Government that promises (IN writing, IN a manifesto, AT an election) a referendum and then decides that there really isn't any need for one, as it doesn't suit them any more.

They have my complete contempt.

I don't believe in striking, so I reckon the Police should just resign en masse. It wouldn't take long for NeuArbeit to realise that keeping promises is perhaps expedient, in the long term.

Reply to
Rich B

Well said that man!

Reply to
JacobH

TonyB uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well looks like the Civvys (Officially called Police Staff) and PCSO's (I prefer Ministry of justice officers - "MOJO") are getting their pay rises backdated but the bobbies can still go forth. Every one is equal - some are more equal than others - especially if they have a right to strike.

Don't get me wrong 2.5 % back dated for the Civvy / PCSO's is still a pay cut with inflation at near on double that.

Hey ho..!

Got a nice letter from our local Labour MP today saying that he doesn't support the Home Secretarys decisision and is hoping it will be changed but I got the impression was don't hold your breath.

To add insult to injury the Home Office have yet to formally rubber stamp any pay rise/cut for the police and as such it's not included (even only dated to December) in this months pay packet, you've got to love them haven't you.

right.. off to dig out my copy of The Mupets Christmas Carol - suddenly the story line seems somewhat familiar.

You may see me on a Coach (one of many) in January on the TV! ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I thought you chaps had beaten the shit out of all the miners now?

Kidding Davies, calm down, you shot 'em!

Reply to
Nige

Yeah - Miners , I remember reading about them when I was at school.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I remember being mistaken for one when I was travelling to a training course. Not funny. :-)

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:13:37 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

Well, I tell you what mate, if it comes to strikes, I back you 100% - it can shitty job and I wouldn't do it even if they did pay me... and as for no-strike things, the deal is meant to be that the pay and so forth is sorted out without needing strikes; and that in my book doesn't cover renegeing on an already-done deal.

The government would do well to think on; trust is something you earn and have to work to keep: and from my end, they've got precious little of mine left.

hey, let's organise this, we get the dibbles to go on strike and then we raid the mint :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Agreed. But after all the lies and deceit over Iraq and everything else, did anyone expect better? I wouldn't expect them to honour a deal once they have had their side of the bargain, but I would have thought that even this bunch of mendacious morons would have seen that reneging on a done deal with the Police when they're already in so much trouble over other things was not a Good Idea.

/precious little/none/

Y'know, you even look slightly like Bakunin. Go Austin!

Reply to
Rich B

It's all that close harmony singing Rich.....

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:55:34 -0000, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

[fine rant in deletia]

yeah! Up the revolution!!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I really feel for our lads and lases in the armed forces and would be happy not to get a rise ever again if it meant they got the kit they need, the pay they deserve and used to fight legitimate tyrants and not just those sat on an oil well. As it happens I'm a realist too so won't hold my breath.

Last time the Police went on strike was 1919, The Liverpool bobbies went out first, Liverpool suffered days of looting and anarchy. The Met were about to go out when the Government finally woke up and smelt the coffee. The majority of the officers who went on strike in Liverpool were sacked. Those in the met retained there jobs and got the rise along with the rest of the constabulary. We have alot to thank our Liverpuddlian chaps for!

It would be a brave Bobby to go out on strike, not only and primarily for the sake of our communities, but also for their jobs, especially since 1919 it was made illegal for officers to strike.

I suspect this baby will rumble on for a few years yet before anyone does anything militant though I have to agree, why the present administration feel it's even worth continuing and don't call an election now defies all logic.....unless it's personal greed.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D