OT / ROT: Display boards

Having printed out some info on our colour laser printer, then stuck it onto 'corex' plastic boards, the display looked smashing in my office.

However, the paper went all wrinkly and started peeling once at the show. My guess is change in temperature, moisure (ambient) causing deformation.

So, is there an easy way of doing this - or a 'pro tip' I should know?

I've been using UHU spray contact adhesive after having given up on Spray Mount. I was thinking about using wallpaper adhesive. The print won't 'run' as it's laser printed, but I dunno if this will stick to the plasic boards...

Never having done this kind of thing before, I'm frustrated and somewhat baffled as to what to try next.

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Paul - xxx

The reason for the wrinkly effect is because the paper you have used is absorbing the moisture out of the glue/air, when it dries the paper contracts causing it to deform. you'd be better off using inkjet (> 180gsm), which has a resin base as this will not absorb water, and hence not wrinkle.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Martyn,

On the mud-club boards we laminate all the pics b4 attaching.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

We have ours done at a place called Word 4 Word in Rotherham. The last ones I did were 2 metres high by 800mm wide. They cost me about £90 each, BUT the biggest part of the cost is the stand that holds them up. You are fortunate in that you know someone who has half a dozen of them....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Ooohhh.... More info needed ASAP :-)

Reply to
Mother

What do you need to know...

They can (if you are a regliar customer) do them same day, but 48 hours is fine. They can do the artwork if you wish, but bung them an EPS file and they are even happier.

The material is a matte vinyl type of thing, and they print directly on. I believe it is watertight, but we tend to demonstrate our computers out of the rain (!) so I haven't really tested that.

The whole thing folds into a bag about the size of a really small tent. It's basically an 800mm clip that the vinyl slots into, then a

2 metre pole up the back (collapsible of course) that holds it at the top. Tension keeps it straight. In a wind they would blow away, so you just need to put a weight on the bottom.

I've got some pictures of ours somewhere, but not here. I'll mail them over tonight when I'm back in GOC....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Ta muchly :-)

Reply to