[OT] Source for a morse-tapered drill chuck?

I know someone out there has a recommendation:

I bought a Clarke pillar drill at Christmas. One of the main reasons for wanting it was the ability to accurately drill smallish holes for electronics projects (

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Jarnot

Steve

Reply to
steve

In article , steve writes

Brilliant - just what I needed (and they even have ones with MT2 as part of the chuck assembly)!

Many, many thanks.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:52:53 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig scribbled the following nonsense:

For drilling stuff for electronics, I would probably a PCB drill, designed for small drill bits and also run at a high speed, which is just the thing for drilling circuit boards.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

simon ring PHM PLANT in stroud glos . ask for stafford wadely [hes the salesman ].

i bought a keyless chuck and morse adapter [which fits the chuck ] for about =A342 +vat .

this is a good chuck which i use on my pillar drills at work .

this is a 2- 16mm chuck which uses a morse tapered adapter which fits to the chuck via its own taper, the adapters come in whatever morse taper you require . i guess you can also buy smaller chucks as well , ie max 13mm .

tell them ian from austens told you to ring them .

01453 763532

SpamTrapSeeSig wrote:

Reply to
m0bcg

In article , m0bcg writes

Thanks very much indeed -- I'm now spoiled for choice :-)

Best regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

needed a new chuck about a year ago, got a Rohn keyless chuck and arbor for

2MT from Tracey tools, the quality of the chuck was superb and the range was almost nothing up to 3/8 inch {sorry don't work in metric lol} Now for the best bit it cost if memory serves about £16 including delivery.
Reply to
Dad

In article , Dad writes

I know this was ages ago, but the end of the tale is that I did the same as you. I bought a better quality 16mm one (to replace the original) at the same time. I'm very pleased with both and they arrived within 48hrs.

So: one Rohm 3/8" keyless chuck, one normal 1/2" one, plus two MT2 adaptors: £30 incl. VAT and postage - dead impressed.

They seem to do lots of useful stuff (imperial taps + dies, left-handed drills, etc.), and they don't look too expensive.

Will use them again, thanks for the tip.

(Note: no 'e') Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig