OT: Web coding of pop-ups...

Had a good look on Google, but can't seem to find anything useful.

Just trying to create a page where when you click on the thumbnail image, a pop-up window opens with the full-size photo - BUT without the menus/toolbars etc. and of a specific size.

Obviously easy way to get it to pop-up in a new window is to use the TARGET attribute within , but can't seem to find out how to set the attributes of the target window - anyone on here got any ideas?

HTML code is obviously easiest, but I'm coding with PHP on the page too, so if there is an easy PHP function that would be good!

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Javascript is what you need.

Ive got some code somewhere...

let me know if you still need and ill dig it out an post it.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

CLICK

Sommat like that will do, but the jpg will have to be embedded in another web page.

There might be something in php to load the actual image?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Thanks Mark, looks good - I'll have a go at getting that code into the page.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

target = "_blank" opens the window and I pretty damn sure I've been able to open ones without menus etc. I just can't remember how ATM... It

*might* have been using javascript but I don't think it was.

Bear in mind the opening things in new windows is frowned upon by some and the target= attribute is not in the strict versions of HTML 4.01 or XHMTL something or other.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:32:28 +0100, Matt M enlightened us thusly:

be aware that a lot of people block pop-ups.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Matt,

I use autogallery to do the images like that on kentmassive.com - its part of the e107 plugins

Reply to
Si K

In article , Matt M writes

You have mail, I hope :-)

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Not yet.... :-{

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Generally that only affects automatic ones that load/open with the page rather than, IMHO, the legitimate opening of a larger image from a thumbnail in a new window on a users request.

This has been bugging me as I know I've done it in the past. Google gave this as first hit:

It does need javascript so may not work in all circumstances, you need a fall back but it mentions that and pop up blockers and XHTML 1.0 Strict compliance. Note I've not actually played with the code on those pages...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah I know, but not generally when it is a user initiated pop-up (i.e. they clicked on something to make it happen) - or at least that is how my pop-up blockers work anyway!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Sent last night and not bounced (yet), but I may have un-munged your address incorrectly. Decode mine below and I'll reply...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

You (may) have mail!

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Sorted!

Used the Javascript stuff, but it took a bit of messing about to get it to work with my PHP code. The PHP code is used to pull the image URL out of a database to create the thumbnail and the image URL is then passed to the code in the pop up window telling it where to find the image - does that make sense?! Anyway, it works!

Thanks all.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M