OT what is the Ugliest 4x4

Disagree there overpowered to do no more at the end of the day (and somewhat less given the size of thpe thing) than a Landie where does that big engine get you eventually, nowhere and slower too, might have more ground clearance but thats all I reckon an old routemaster probably can drive comfortably at

45 degrees than that heap of junk can for all its low profile, amazing things routemasters.
Reply to
Larry

I reckon the Cheetah's not bad, the link you posted had only one poor shot of the Cheetah, the rest were the much uglier Lambo LM series of off-roaders. The Cheetah was never put into production, only one was known to have been made. It was given to the military for testing, and they promptly wrecked it.

Some better shots of the Cheetah on the following link.

Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:59:18 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

coo, a not-unimog:

Austin Shackles

"> What about that crap jeep lookalike think that has FWH's and cheap as chips

Ooops I will put my hand up to owning an asia rocsta at one point.... not a landrover by any means but the wife and kids loved it as summer runabout as it had a removeable roof. the problem was that the mazda based diesel engine had an alloy head which gave lots of problems and the kia dealers were of no help

completely diffrent from the mahindra

I agree with that the UMM Alta was one ugly 4x4

Eddie

citroen made a "moke" look alike with corregated sides, 2cv based i think (always seen next to small vinyards when i saw them in france) anyone know what that was called?

Reply to
Eddie Morgan

|| citroen made a "moke" look alike with corregated sides, 2cv based i || think (always seen next to small vinyards when i saw them in france) || anyone know what that was called?

Mehari. Want one.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:05:01 +0100, "Eddie Morgan" enlightened us thusly:

The mahindra is a basic jeep from about 1950...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

the mahindra came out about the same time as the rocsta, i remember it being tested in 4x4 magazine. I saw one at my local off road course, i think they had a peugeot diesel engine, the one at the off road course used, sj410 tactics and bounced over every thing! looked great fun as long as you were in the front

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Morgan

I vote for the UMM. Made in Portugal, powered by Peugot diesel. Looks even uglier in the flesh than in photos. Google for UMM if you've never seen on. Still at least no one would nick it!

Reply to
hippo

It won't appeal to the lifestyle brigade but it actually looks rather functional, at least the ones I've seen photos of (not sure if they're current models).

The drooping bonnet drops off to the front and sides, good for visibility, and it's more flat-sided than a defender.

There's even a minibus version on the link above, perfect for Austin ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:10:35 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

heh. There's a defunct UMM down the road from here a bit.

didn't it start off as a Portaro Pampas?

ah, I see it didn't:

and what an ecelctic collection of vehicles. Opel Diplomat is rather nice in its way.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| On 2006-07-09, snipped-for-privacy@alexandria.com wrote: || ||| I vote for the UMM. Made in Portugal, powered by Peugot diesel. ||| Looks even uglier in the flesh than in photos. Google for UMM if ||| you've never seen on. Still at least no one would nick it! || || It won't appeal to the lifestyle brigade but it actually looks rather || functional, at least the ones I've seen photos of (not sure if || they're current models). || ||

One parks near to where I work, and I had a good look at it one day. The kind of looks only a mother could love, but I reckon it looked honest at least. That puts it miles ahead of any Mitsuyotayyongg I've ever seen.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

That's what I thought about it, the Defender after all has form defined by function too, nowt wrong with that at all IMHO.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings