P38 aircon

Looking at one & the book symbol is up, the heater works fine so it's not the blend motors, He reckons the ac doesn't get that cold. I'm reckoning it could be low pressure on the ac side? Most likely a leak on the radiadtor thingy.

The heater o rings aren't leaking.

I have a chance of a bargain here, but need to be a little bit armed with the facts.

What are other likely causes?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Just got LROI through the door, and the front cover is 'Complete Guide to buying a used P38'..

Might be some help to you..

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Walk away dude and get one without "issues". Unless it's that cool black to die for model.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:18:05 +0000, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

" don't " ?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Get the owner to write out a banker's draft or pay in cash before you take the vehicle way" ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The rest is sorted, usually a sensor or summat to replace on the ac side.

Reply to
Nige

Prices are getting like that now, hence my interest in such a fine carriage.

Reply to
Nige

Does the book symbol come on when u start up or does it come on as the engine warms up?If it is the latter its prob a temp sensor behind the 2 'o' rings,easy fix and appx £12.Try this site

Hope that helps Tim

Reply to
Tim

:-) Glad I got rid of mine before they became completely worthless, then.

Reply to
Rich B

Thats what they are & all the better for folk like me, think about it - it's gonna cost me £2.5k to buy, £12 to fix & maybe another grand over a year to fix if stuff goes wrong (It will, but i'm ready to fix it myself)

If you keep it more than a couple of years, it almost worth buying rovocom lite, it will be worth more than the car in a coupe of years, so the car has cost you next to bugger all.

Reply to
Nige

Nige> Looking at one & the book symbol is up, the heater works Nige> fine so it's not the blend motors, He reckons the ac doesn't Nige> get that cold. I'm reckoning it could be low pressure on the Nige> ac side? Most likely a leak on the radiadtor thingy.

That'd be my bet.

-- Andy Cunningham --

Networks are like sewers: my job is to make sure your data goes away when you flush, and to stop the rats climbing into your toilet through the pipes. -- Tanuki describes network administration

Reply to
AndyC the WB