P38a handbrake jamming

I parked on a slight slope, handbrake "on" and auto gearbox in "P". On returning half an hour later, started engine, then gearbox in "D"and handbrake off. No action, and the handbrake was stuck in the down ("off") position. Eventually, a lot of revving later it unstuck and everything returned to normal, including the handbrake lever. Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this and what I can do to stop it happening again? What particularly puzzles me is that the handbrake lever stuck in the "off" position while appearing to be jammed "on".

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Mawson

Stephen> I parked on a slight slope, handbrake "on" and auto Stephen> gearbox in "P". On returning half an hour later, started Stephen> engine, then gearbox in "D"and handbrake off. No action, Stephen> and the handbrake was stuck in the down ("off")

I've had something similar happen, usually when I've been through water on the way home. I presume a good clean (with something appropriate) will sort it out, though I've never bothered on mine.

Reply to
AndyC the WB

Many thanks, Andy.

Stephen