P38a - Interior Lights

The interior lights have started to come on after vehicle has been locked down for some hours. Initial trial with vehicle left unlocked did not have this problem. How does each door and rear door activate the locking sensor - where are they located and what do they look like. If I can't find problem - can I pull a fuse which supplies power to internal lighting or will this cause problems elsewhere (I could just remove bulbs)? Bob

Reply to
BoB-B

I still have this problem with my old classic, usually after heavy rain when parked outside, I think water must be affecting one or more of the door switches but I've never found out which one. I used to pull the fuse but now I just leave it as it sorts itself out after not more than 15 minutes.

Reply to
Oily

Had this problem with my Classic RR - it's the relay for the internal lights.

Couldn't understand why a new battery went flat very quickly, then, on coming home at night in another vehicle, I noticed the interior lights were on. By the time I got the keys and went back out ... they were off. Then, before going to bed, I noticed they were back on again.

I don't do too much work on the car myself anymore so took it to the local RR man and a new relay sorted the problem.

Colin

Reply to
CJ