Painted my GS 101 ....

parked next to Morph, what do you think.

(especially for Derek!)

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I didnt know you could get a model of the 101 Ambi. Are they still available?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yeah the club sell them and they keep on popping up on ebay every now and then..

or go here

and do a (IE 6) search on 1012

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Nice one Lee it looks the biz I should look at the piccys on the website for comparison I found a website for collectors that one I bought is RAF bomb disposal they list loads but no 101's awwww

of series III in different flavours

Derek

Yeabut isn't a 110 SWB a 90?

Reply to
GbH

So, 1/72nd scale means the model is about matchbox model size? About

1" high? Or am i doing something wrong

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:25:05 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

1/72 = 1/6" to 1'. so a 6ft wide LR will be about 1" wide as a model. summat close to the HO/OO railway model scale - I forget which one: one is 1/72 and one is 1/80 with the wrong size track gauge.

Personally, I've always preferred modelling at a larger scale than that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've always preferred my models blonde and cuddly. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

I've always preferred my models :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Mmm, not what im looking for at all. Im thinking more 1/10 to 1/16 scale. Even 1/35 is too small, which seems to be the biggest available for the 101GS

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:58:39 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

Buy a Range rover kit, assemble the chassis and scratch build a 101 body.

After all, that's what Land Rover did, more or less.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Except the 101 chassis is completely different from the Rangie and the

101 runs on leaf springs, not coils.

In fact the only Rangerover thing about the 101 is the engine, and even a rangerover 3.5 won't fit in a 101.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:38:11 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

yeah, brain fade. It's the paperwork that says range rover on it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles