parallel/reserve LPG tanks

That sums it up nicely.

Basic Food Hygene Certificate, I've got one somewhere, did 5 (might have been less) 2 hours evening sessions last year. It really is common sense stuff, some not blindingly obvious common sense but once told it's obvious. Anyone with a couple of brain cells could get one. There are few temperatures and durations you need to know but thats about it.

At some point we intend to do Holiday Lets or B&B but we need to stop the place rotting and falling apart first...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Can someone explain a little more about gauges. Theres a gauge on my LPG tank with two wires, as part of the selector switch for Petrol/LPG there are a series of Leds, never more than the first one lights up. Wwhat do I need to do to fix or alternatively how do I provide a seperate gauge on the dash?

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:10:53 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

mmmmmm, belly pork...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

....so, are we on for the Lardrover for the "Unofficial 2006" then ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I am if you, Simon and austin are...

Mind, I believe the term 'lardrover' is the legal property of a certain Mr Wayne Davies... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:28:44 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

's all right, he can come too.

is this the one in the midlands, or another?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:01:58 -0000, "Idris" enlightened us thusly:

The gauge on the tank has a sender of some kind - it might be optical or resistive. It will connect, if compatible, with the multi-led thing. One wire is earth, the other goes to your gauge unit.

You need the instructions to find out which wire is which, and what kind of gauge/sender the unit in the front is expecting to see.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Go on then. We have the technology. Are we after the half-an-oil-drum look ?

To whom go my grateful thanks for a great line in my last message. Mr Davies can have a free hot dog.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Is Gaydon still in the "Midlands" ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:01:58 -0000, "Idris" enlightened us thusly:

BTW, the gauge unit on the tank should read about 80% when the tank is full to cut-off. If it doesn't, some can be rotated so that they do.

if the gauge doesn't move try hitting the tank with a hammer... sometimes, the float arm inside sticks. if it's a 1-hole tank with a multivalve, this can still apply and can result int he 80% shut-off not functioning.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:40:08 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

I do still half an oil drum kicking around......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:10:53 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

excellent news, my belly yearns for his belly pork!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:28:44 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

Yep, just got a few mods to make to mine (diagonal bracing). Currently setup outside burning wood as we speak, old roof joists and the like. Have saved about 15 bags of wood though for shows this year ;-)

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I'd assume that the lights on your selector switch should act as a gauge.

on mine: on petrol the light on the left hand end of the selector goes red. on gas the light at the right hand end goes orange. on gas the rest of the lights act as a level gauge. with full being all of them on and almost empty being only the right hand orange one.

I fitted my kit and had it set up by an installer. They had to program the switch to make the lights work as they should (just involved reading the instructions and pressing buttons in a certain order).

Is the gauge on your tank properly connected to your selector switch? on mine IIRC the gauge has 2 wires. One of these goes to ground and the other goes to the white wire on the selector switch. At one point i had to have my switch changed and the replacement one also required the green wire (which was ununsed) connecting to my gauge along with the white one.

Try getting some model names and numbers off things and ask in uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg

Reply to
Tom Woods

Austin and Simon both have the most superb BBQ equipment. Austins' is the basic idea for what I'm planning to slide out of the GS. If Simon can finish the half a beer barrel jobbie he prototyped at Peterborough we'll be pretty much on our way I reckon. You bring the firepit, I'll bring mine if I've made it by then. I'll also bring the field cinema, some soundz and a box full of belly-pork :-)

Pendin on the weather, Lee and Simon have both got 'SillyBigTents' but Graham mentioned a barn??? Maybe worth joining the two threads... :-)

Reply to
Mother

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:09:35 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

two silly big tents???? How many id we have under mine at Peterborough???? I reckon two of the things will dwarf a barn!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:51:10 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

ehwot? 'tis from here.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:55:30 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

I daresay I can bring the industrial barbie to any show I'm attending, on request... Which reminds me, I was gonna put some new grids on it this year.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:52:25 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

oil drums are a bit flimsy - they don't last long

must hunt a suitable blower for speed-firing mine. or a small oxy bottle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Apparently - and I have to confirm this, there is a local course, two nights, 90 minutes each. Alternatively...

... you can do it on-line!

Rules out most of the takeaways around here, then!

Again, all on-line - incr-edible :-)

Have you thought about offering 'working holidays'?

People come and effectively work for free in return for food and booze. When you complete you offer them discounted holiday lets.

Friends of ours are doing something similar in Scotland and Hungary (or Romania or somewhere) - different friends BTW, we know quite a lot of people leaving the city lifestyle. I may very well be looking to leave the rat-race soon too as it happens...

Reply to
Mother