People chucking stuff off bridges

Yep and very useful for a rough guide as to where you are in the country. Don't forget the A7 area south of Glasgow/Edinburgh to (roughly the border), The A8 area north west from the central belt and A9 to the north east.

They do use C but not very often on road signs, the C103 is signed in Newcastle. We live on the C3039 but the only place I see that used is on the councils gritting plan. U is also used but again not very publically, the U3117 is also on the gritting plan from the village and up the valley.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Crickey Ian, you really have had a bum deal there! I'd suggest you moved around here but I daren't as I guess the next line will say they all happend around here, not on my watch mind.

Reply to
Lee_D

Friend of mine coming over to see me in France was 24 hours late not because of the ferry running late but because he had been driving down the M3 and a brick fell through his windscreen.

He got to the services to wait for help in comfort and over a coffee only to be told by the screen people that "it seems to happen every Sunday night". When he phoned the boys in blue they gave him a crime number with no interest in recovering the brick!

Yes doing sod all.

CHRIS

Reply to
Chris Wilkinson

No this is dotted around the country, and since the age of 17 to the present. My sister is in Bristol, a good area too, my younger brushes with the police were in Hampshire around the Romsey area, some were in Reading and one was on the M3 outside Basingstoke. I've not had any hassle with the police since moving to Dorset as the only time I usually see any is when we're doing an off-road trip as there's a couple of traffic cops in the group.

Something that I found rather telling was that when I was working for a police authority on a contract I was sitting in the canteen with some of the staff and one of them commented on some officers sitting on a table, saying they were traffic cops and all the other policemen didn't talk to them.. I asked why and was told it was because they'll happily issue traffic penalties to other officers! I wanted to ask why that was a bad thing and whether normal cops would happily arrest an officer caught shoplifting but thought I'd best not.

I don't doubt the police do useful stuff, but contrary to popular belief crime in this country is not very widespread so my contact with the police is vanishingly rare, it's a shame the vast majority of it has been negative and for the wrong reasons, not me moaning about being told off for speeding.

I forgot to add getting pulled over in the Pinzgauer in Wales this year just because they hadn't seen one before (by their own admission) and wanted to look it over, for some reason they didn't see anything wrong with that..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

There's some interesting stuff here (if you're interested in this sort of stuff):

Judith

Reply to
Judith

I thought you got rid of your Land Rover for something more economical?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Hi I live close to the M3 in Surrey and use it often. I would like to know where this happened- Hampshire or Surrey?

Alan

Reply to
Roberts

Yes, but I still have t'interweb.