Perkins - Vs - V8

Just swapped a 3.8ltr straight four smoker in my old 2 door RR for a rumbling, neck snapping 3.9i V8. Starts on the key and WHAT a difference - **** me does it go now!

Hopefully, when I try a steep hill ascent, instead of the Perkins maxing at about 2k and then dieing I'm now going to fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

PS Shame about the forthcoming fuel bills........

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

You know it makes sense!

Reply to
SimonJ

I despair that anyone would even consider fitting a Perkins industrial engine into a motor car.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Careful with the knee jerking at the gas pump ;-)

Reply to
Aubrey