Poor Idle

Hey guys, i got a 96 disco v8i and its currently running a bit rough on startup, like jumping up and down in revs and then nearlly stalling. When the car heats up it doesnt do it.

I thought it might be the steper motor but not sure.

Any Idea's

Skott

Reply to
Skott Bateman

Sounds likely. Remove the stepper motor clean out with brake cleaner. Give it a quick spray with WD40 and give it a try. I've been doing mine every 5 or 6 months for 3 years. I really should swap it but I can also peel an orange in my pocket.

Brian Tonks

Reply to
Brian Tonks