rough running at idle

Welll when I say rough, revs go up to 1000, then down to 10, then up to 700, then down to 10, then up to, ah oh, its stalled.

Which is a bit of a bitch in rush hour taffic and with an auto box.

I have heard talk of the mythical stepper motor

Q) what on earth is it? Q) where is it? Q) can it be cleaned/fixed/tampered with rather than having to be replaced?

cheers all

Si

Reply to
simonk

Read this Simon

Should give you all the info - no good looking for one pre '89 though as they didn't fit them until the 3.9 came along (which I think yours is though?)

Check the breathers and other bits 'n' pieces for a vacuum leak too

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

I'll get the reply right this time......

A) Fiddly bit A) Rear of the plenum where you cannot reach it :-) A) Yes to all of the above

Read this:

Try checking the breathers and other vacuum hoses too -easier to get to!

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

I had similar symptoms on a 3.5 v8 from Reggie (Thats two mentions in one week!... I think it must be christmas emotions and all that ) where the fault turned out to be a holed diaphram in the advance and retard unit.

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D