prices

Anyone know of a web site where I can find out approximately how much my car is worth?

--
William Black

try at Parkers Guide http://www.parkers.co.uk/ although watching fleabay over several weeks can give a fair idea of how the market is once you discount the nutters plus you get to laugh at the ridiculous. Derek Kato 200TDi Disco Vegoil +ve
William Black wrote:

www.parkers.co.uk
--
'Because we *need* each other'

Nige

Land Rover Discovery Xtreme (1995)

They want three quid.
It would be cheaper to drive to WH Smiths and read a copy there.
All I want to know is roughly what my car's worth.
--
William Black

Sucking his keyboard for inspiration, William Black typed:

Why do they want money? You can get a basic valuation for free. It's only if you want a mileage adjustment that they ask you to pay. The basic dealer/independent/private/trade-in prices are freely available.
--
Rich B
Bandit 1200S
Rich B wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the same these days as they change it quite often but ISTR that some types of Land Rover are classed as "Commercial" vehicles and you had to pay for all commercial valuations. The website also only values cars less than a certain age (~10yrs) for free.
--
Douglas

My Defender is classed as a van (for reasons I don't understand, it's a 90 CSW) and so I can't get a free valuation.
--
William Black

Sucking his keyboard for inspiration, William Black typed:

Aha - hadn't thought of that.
--
Rich B
Bandit 1200S
William Black wrote:

Failing Parker's and finished items on ebay as others have suggested, have a look at autotrader.co.uk and see what people in your area are asking.
Other than that, why not just drive to WH Smith and buy a copy of Parker's?
--
Douglas

William Black wrote:

ebay [1] is a pretty good indicator. Autotrader gives an idea of what people 'think' their car's worth. Parkers is what most people use, but really it's down to the market, which isn't the same around the country so location also comes into it.
[1] Search for 'ended items' rather than currently running auctions.
--
Paul - xxx

On or around Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:01:32 +0100, Paul - xxx

I find eBay good, as you say, for what things are actually selling for. Usually, it's not as much as I think it's worth :-(
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:10:24 +0100, "William Black"

William,
Try the AA:
http://www.theaa.com/cbg/ManufacturerAction.do?SEARCH_CTGY=FOURTH_SEARCH&trade=&journey=fullValuation&manufacturerCode regards
Terry

http://www.theaa.com/cbg/ManufacturerAction.do?SEARCH_CTGY=FOURTH_SEARCH&trade=&journey=fullValuation&manufacturerCode =
No LR Defender section
This is getting silly...
Is the price of 2nd hand Defenders a secret or something?
They're actually becoming quite common as road cars these days, the BBC's Top Gear reckon they're just about the coolest car available and you've been able to get metallic paint jobs and mag wheels for them for well over a decade now.
IT'S NOT A VAN.
Some sort of obscure secret society probably controls the price.
Meeting in conclave dressed in their traditional waxed cotton robes with Timberland boots, a ragged bush hat covered in badges, roping gloves and patched green corduroy trousers?
Can someone give me their address please...
--
William Black

Sucking his keyboard for inspiration, William Black typed:

And an EP90-stained handshake.
--
Rich B
Bandit 1200S