prices

Anyone know of a web site where I can find out approximately how much my car is worth?

Reply to
William Black

try at Parkers Guide

although watching fleabay over several weeks can give a fair idea of how the market is once you discount the nutters plus you get to laugh at the ridiculous.Derek Kato 200TDi Disco Vegoil +ve

Reply to
Derek

Nige

They want three quid.

It would be cheaper to drive to WH Smiths and read a copy there.

All I want to know is roughly what my car's worth.

Reply to
William Black

Why do they want money? You can get a basic valuation for free. It's only if you want a mileage adjustment that they ask you to pay. The basic dealer/independent/private/trade-in prices are freely available.

Reply to
Rich B

ebay [1] is a pretty good indicator. Autotrader gives an idea of what people 'think' their car's worth. Parkers is what most people use, but really it's down to the market, which isn't the same around the country so location also comes into it.

[1] Search for 'ended items' rather than currently running auctions.
Reply to
Paul - xxx

I'm not sure if it's the same these days as they change it quite often but ISTR that some types of Land Rover are classed as "Commercial" vehicles and you had to pay for all commercial valuations. The website also only values cars less than a certain age (~10yrs) for free.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Failing Parker's and finished items on ebay as others have suggested, have a look at autotrader.co.uk and see what people in your area are asking.

Other than that, why not just drive to WH Smith and buy a copy of Parker's?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My Defender is classed as a van (for reasons I don't understand, it's a 90 CSW) and so I can't get a free valuation.

Reply to
William Black

Aha - hadn't thought of that.

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:01:32 +0100, Paul - xxx enlightened us thusly:

I find eBay good, as you say, for what things are actually selling for. Usually, it's not as much as I think it's worth :-(

Reply to
Austin Shackles

William,

Try the AA:

regards

Terry

Reply to
me2

No LR Defender section

This is getting silly...

Is the price of 2nd hand Defenders a secret or something?

They're actually becoming quite common as road cars these days, the BBC's Top Gear reckon they're just about the coolest car available and you've been able to get metallic paint jobs and mag wheels for them for well over a decade now.

IT'S NOT A VAN.

Some sort of obscure secret society probably controls the price.

Meeting in conclave dressed in their traditional waxed cotton robes with Timberland boots, a ragged bush hat covered in badges, roping gloves and patched green corduroy trousers?

Can someone give me their address please...

Reply to
William Black

And an EP90-stained handshake.

Reply to