Problems with new Defender

Very disappointing, took delivery of a brand new 110 XS CSW last Tuesday and it has a catalogue of faults.

  1. Ticking noise from rear transmission/diff (may require replacement)
  2. Loose item rattling around in dash (requires dash out)
  3. Missed paint from rear door slams and paint run under hinge
  4. Drill swarf left all over the interior under the carpets

Dealer has faffed around and claim that it will be a minimum of 7 more days before I can have it back. I am trying to reject it and demand a replacement, it was brand new on the 22nd and the faults were reported on the 23rd.

Will keep you posted!

Reply to
Andy

Sorry mate.... Mines 11 years old and the dash still rattles...

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

LOL! I ain't expecting it to be squeak and rattle free but there is something in the dash rolling around, if it's a screw or similar it shouldn't be there and I'm worried about it shorting electrics etc. Already found a random machine crew rolling around in the seat box, the build quality is shocking and for £28k I expect a hell of a lot better.

Reply to
Andy

Fuck me mate, buy my Disco 1 & get rid of it quick.

Reply to
Nige

Good to see that the traditional craftsmanship of Land Rover engineering hasn't been lost! :)

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

In message , Andy writes

Does the diff make the noise as you change direction of travel and when you come off the power?

Reply to
Marc Draper

Bloody hell! Where did they fit all those guys? Were they drunk?

Reply to
Rich B

Shows it's genuine, mind.

Reply to
Rich B

hehehehhee

Reply to
Nige

Why? What's wrong with it?

Reply to
hugh

hehehe - very good, i like what you did there ;)

Reply to
Nige

Most noticeable when you come off the power and dip the clutch.

Reply to
Andy

Doh!! Spotted the typo after posting, wish you could edit the original post :-)

Reply to
Andy

No, no, no. Calf the fun of Usenet is spooting the unintended hilarity of typhoids.

Reply to
Rich B

I was sure they had to have a day job after "Never Mind The Buzzcocks" Derek

Reply to
Derek

It's good they are fitting "issues" as standard now. Normally you have to earn a certain amount of blood shed to get "issues" and have to clock up a few miles.

The 110 here is amost mint by comparison... if not a tad smokey on startup :-) Nige reckons you can see it on google earth.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

LOL, just think yourself lucky there's few speelling/netkkkops on AFL ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Yup my 2006 MY 110 XS does that too.....along with most of the late ones that I have in the workshop for service. Seems to be a feature of the Dana axles. None of my customers complain about it.

I have had one main dealer look at it....and I am sure it is all they did. It will need to go in for its first real warranty issue shortly so will get them to have another "look" at it then, before just doing it myself.

Reply to
Marc Draper