Query - 200tdi turbo

Just noticed that my RRC with 200tdi has a restriction ( flattening of the hose on two sides) in the hose going from the turbo to the intercooler. It is definitely built in, not a problem with the hose.

Could some knowledgeable person throw some light on this?

Is it meant to be there? Why is it there?

What would happen if I fitted an unrestricted hose with a full bore all the way along?

Thans Peter

Reply to
Persheen

Mine is the same. I think it is just shaped like that to miss the shock absorber top mounting turret. Can't see it making a lot of difference if you get rid of it but it might help a little.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks, Martin, I hadn't thought of that.

If it is meant to be like that then we will leave well alone.

Peter

Reply to
Persheen

"Persheen" wrote........

I see lots of people fitting larger intercoolers and messing with the fuel settings on the injector pump in the quest for more power but I think this may detract from mechanical longevity (if you do too much that is), but the power on mine is quite adequate once you get over 1800 revs and if by leaving well alone (as Landrover intended), it *has* done over 270K miles without any trouble and still runs beautifully.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sun, 13 May 2007 11:01:44 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

I noted a distinct lack of go in the 300, which was improved by optimising the fuel pump and advancing the pump timing a tad. I suspect that in order to minimise the black smoke on start-up they were set a bit stingy. Overall economy actually improved slightly.

Never touched the boost setting or the intercooler, and it'd show 100 on the clock given the chance.

Reply to
Austin Shackles