Quick Q? - biggest tyre size on standard RR/Disco

Probably been covered many times before, but what's the biggest tyre size you can fit on a RR/Disco without modifying anything or fouling things?

TIA Alex

Reply to
Alex

I run 31 x 10.5 R15 BFG AT's on a 300 Tdi Disco. They *just* scrape the rear wheel arches at the back. On real axle-twisters they catch the bottom edge and curl it up a tad.

I'll put a couple of pictures of what it's done to ours in 35000 miles of using them, maybe 25% off-road, on the internet in 30 minutes or so ....

Reply to
Paul - xxx

and next three pics show 'damage' sustained. Acceptable to me, YMMV. ;)

Mind, this is after many Play Days a few RTV trials and shed-loads of dicking about and green-laning. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:04:03 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

probably 235/70R16. Put grabber AT2 that size on the disco here and they hit the mudflaps, mind, the latter are nonstandard. Aggressive tread patterns make the tyres bigger and more likely to foul. having said that the AT2 look convincing on the motor.

31x10.5 (15" or 16" rim) are nominally a fair bit bigger and you'd really want an inch or so lift on it to accommodate 'em. 235/85R16 are bigger diameter again but not quite so wide.
Reply to
Austin Shackles