Disco 2 18/19 fit on Disco 1 without lift

With the billet adapter can you get 18"/19" Disco2 / P38 alloys to fit without rub? Or do you need a suspention lift?

Dont want to go extreme off road. Just horsebox off-roading at most.

Anyone done it? Pictures?

Reply to
Tim Guy

On or around Mon, 21 May 2007 13:02:43 GMT, "Tim Guy" enlightened us thusly:

any special reason? You'll almost certainly restrict your choice of more-capable tyres.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Only reason is I cant afford a Disco 2.. Want to get a Disco 1 ES Premuim V8 LPG.. And then at some stage get some Disco II Phase 2 head lights on it and stick the alloys on it..

Then I have a repairable truck with as fresher face as I can afford.

This is strickly missus car.. Horse box towing is as complex as it gets.. No offroading for this truck.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

On or around Mon, 21 May 2007 23:15:18 GMT, "Tim Guy" enlightened us thusly:

Hmmmm. OK. Not sure the disco II lights are an easy fit on a disco I, but I understand it can be done. I daresay you can get 18" wheels to fit a disco I stud pattern, if you look around - don't know. There's not a lot to be gained from larger wheels and shorter tyres except what some people think is "style", but then I'm not one to regard that as important.

The overall diameter is something near the same, so you shouldn't have too many clearance issues.

Reply to
Austin Shackles