Radio/cassette for 4.6 HSE Range Rover

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. Some thieving bas**** has had the radio/cassette unit from my Range Rover, a 98 model 4.6 HSE. The correct part number is PRC 7618, but Land Rover want a fortune for a new one. I've tried several breakers, but no real luck, the best one sent the wrong model (from a late Classic). Can someone help with locating a unit? Or perhaps how to integrate a different head unit to the vehicles amplifiers? I've sussed which pins are which on the ten pin connector to the amplifiers, but it seems the output from the original unit is balanced (i.e. signal on both conductors, rather than just on one with ground on the other). With the amplifiers powered but no signal there is a constant low level buz. Even with another unit connected to the correct pins the buz is still there, but does not increase with volume. Anyone know a cure?

Reply to
cutlea01

snipped-for-privacy@bbc.co.uk (cutlea01) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Have you tried Ebay and Loot? Try a Google on "vehicle dismantlers". There are some salvage search engines that might be useful. I think there is also a car radio newsgroup.

I just bought a car radio for £3 off Ebay to get a part for my existing radio! Cheaper than buying the part separately from a dealer!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

It wasn't Alan's radio you bought, by any chance? :)

Reply to
David French

"David French" wrote in news:bpv6nm$1sgbsa$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de:

I think the seller was Peter...Or was it Paul? No, definitely not an Alan!

It's a Pye 455 or somat. (So long as it works, I'm not into the technicologies).

Derry

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue