Range Rover parking...

The following pic was taken by the 10 year old son of a mate of mine.

He'd been given one of these disposable camera jobbies so he could take some snaps whilst on holiday in Spain (may have been Portugal) a few weeks ago...

I think I'm going to suggest they get him a digital camera for his

11th Birthday :-)

Apparently there was another car parked to the right. The Rangie turned up, and 'parked' as shown. He waited for the car on the right to move before taking the shot - a true pro in the making IMO!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Is this typical for Range Rover owners to park like? Brilliant pikky tho' A "David Bailey" of the future ?

Brevit

Reply to
Brevit

"Brevit" schreef in bericht news:blum0p$9os$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk

Yep... ;-)

Reply to
aghasee

Show off !!, it won't do the Rangie much good reversing out of that by the looks of it. Now if I did that with my series 3 it would be a different matter.

Reply to
Larry

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ironically I saw a woman do just the same thing this afternoon on our local rat run (sorry outside primary school) as she was late so parked between two cars up the grass verge. instead of walking about 50 yards! Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

Foxhunter tried to scribble ...

Pity she was in a Nissan Micra ... and didn't actually want to park there .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

Is that a boulder behind the rear offside wheel?

Evidence of touching lack of faith in the RR transmission brake perhaps?

Richard ;-)

Reply to
Richard Savage

Hmm. I remember parking my SIII at roughly 45degrees (sideways) last saturday. It was easier to open the passenger door and let gravity slide me out of it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In message , Larry writes

No problem - nice tow bar to lift the rear end as it reverses up ... More to the point, the last time I parked like that I found out my fuel tank seals were not sealing quite as well as I thought they did ... I now ensure that any stupid parking results in a lean to the near-side which saves me money ... :-)

Reply to
AndyG

Like the hand brake, i wounder if they carrys that rock around with them?

Reply to
wps

Like the hand brake, i wounder if they carrys that rock around with them?

Reply to
wps

On or around Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:57:29 GMT, "aghasee" enlightened us thusly:

especially the large rock 'cos he doesn't trust the handbrake... :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep... You got it rigth ! It is in Portugal, by the looks of the license plate's... No matter if you have a Rangie or not, in Portugal, we park in the more unapropriate places... In the more unapropriate conditions...

Reply to
Dr. Java R. Danas

I would imagine so. Attached to a short length of rope it will stop the top tailgate from flying open as you drive along.

Reply to
Nikki