Rattley Clutch

In news:Gu%Ec.155$JG6.102@newsfe4-gui, Tim Guy expelled:

It hasn't leaked all it's gearbox oil out has it???

Reply to
EMB

Must all be empty then! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Just moved my 90 after 6 months stood.

The clutch is making a rattling noise when its in neutral and the odd gear is hard to find. Once in, it doesn't slip and its not hard to move in and out of gears on the move (maybe 2nd, but that's always been rough)

I haven't checked the fluids yet, but Im sure there plenty in there, also no leaks from that area.

I thought I smelt a big of a burning smell, but the truck has been parked under a tree for those 6 months and its not a nice hot V8 in its engine bay so that could be any number of fluids, leafs, warm up and burning off.

Im wondering if the clutch has gone, or if it just needs a 10 mile run down the motorway?

Any ideas?

Reply to
Tim Guy

Oh heck, the Haynes manual says input shaft and/or main shaft bearing!

Reply to
Someone

Not that the drive way shows. In fact. In all its 6 months sitting, it hasnt dropped a thing. Engine sums abit drippy but nothing that would drop on the floor.

Reply to
Someone

I KNEW! That when I typed that some had to say it ;oP

Reply to
Tim Guy