Re: ACDC Was: Some ranted dilllllllusion about ROCK or somesuch....

Twas Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:59:23 -0000 when "David French" put finger to keyboard producing:

No

;o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

For a proper show I must recommend Alice Cooper Absolutely Awesome last time I saw him at the Sheffield Arena (hallam arena? don't get me started on that one)

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I was five rows from the front on the last night at the NEC when Def Leppard were on the Hysteria tour with my friend Emma. Remember having to go to school the next day and I was knackered. Also seen Kiss - hated it and don't know why I even went(must have been the boyfriend of the times fault)and Aerosmith who were good. Their support band was Thunder and I went again when they played there on their own tour. I went to the Milton Keynes Bowl and saw Saxon, Heart(yuk), that band that sang "The Final Countdown" and can't remember their name - who were actually quite good, Skidrow - like the band but the singer was too full of himself and the headline act was Bon Jovi with a special appearance by Steven Tyler from Aerosmith(which was probably the highlight of the performance).

Reply to
Nikki

Blimey Nikki - we've been following each other around for years. My memory is better than yours though.

Steve Tyler and Joe Perry joined Bon Jovi for Walk This Way. First band were Skid Row (v. good), followed by Vixen (lousy), followed by Europe (excellent, very good cover of Hound Dog in the encore) then Bon Jovi. A very hot Saturday afternoon IIRC.

My mate spent the whole Bon Jovi set at the back - his girlfriend insisted they push to the front, got to about 5 rows out, fainted and spent the remaining time propping up the mixing tower!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Your memory is better than mine cos' you're right.

Europe - really surprised me. I thought they were better than Skid Row. Vixen/Heart - probably the same people with different clothes on. Didn't like them anyway.

Yes it was hot. Luckily we knew the guy who had the catering wagons and we didn't have to cue for beer as he's got some cans which in the fridge which he poured into plastics cups as you wanted it. As long as someone went and fetched him some water it was free and you didn't have to wait in line. The toilets were disgusting if I remember rightly. Got a bit chilly in the evening when it got dark. I left my jacket in the car I can remember people lighting bonfires and security people running round trying to put them out. They gave in after a bit.

Did you ever go to Monstors of Rock?

Reply to
Nikki

I blame it on having four kids.

Reply to
Nikki

Should be good. Where you seeing them at?

Reply to
Nikki

I think it's more likely that your bad memory led to having four kids... :-)

It's only now the memory of childbirth is fading that Mandy is starting to consider an encore.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Vixen were rubbish. We queued for food during their set, and it was a toss up which was worst - the food or the music.

Sadly not. I'm just going for a big number of Bon Jovi concerts - I'm on five so far...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

eeek!

what happened here??!

went out for the day and the youve all gone raaaawwkkkkk mad. . .

'sides i saw deep purple in 93 and they were as good as i imagined they might be back when i was a kid in 76. . . . .

but youve gotta take a,look at

tenacious d - tribute

a loving parody of the form!

chk

for the "greatest song in teh world",brilliant rawwk poses!

they also have a song called 'dio', sample lyric

'Dio has rocked for a long, long time, Now it's time for him to pass the torch. He has songs of wildebeests and angels, He has soared on the wings of a demon.'

okay, ill stop now

severe. . .

Ted

Reply to
teddave

In article , Nikki writes

Earls Court

Reply to
marc

Probably right. Bruce says it wouldn't be the same if I remembered things. He'd have nothing to complain about!

Might as well while you've still got bits from the first one!

Reply to
Nikki

Didn't miss much. Couldn't see a thing. It rained and I rang my Dad at dinner time to come and fetch me. It was that memorable I can't remember who was on.

Reply to
Nikki

Never been there although I dropped my brother of once on the way back to Leicester from Kent when he went to see Eric Clapton.

I am pleased to say that our kids have a healthy like for rock music. Good job too as some of the members of the last band he was in come round frequently to have a play in his workshop. Good job we don't really have any neighbours to complain as it isn't quiet. Kids love it when they can have a go on the drum kit that's permanently set up in one corner, although they aren't allowed any where near Bruce's electric guitars.

Reply to
Nikki

Heard it the other week but didn't know who it was by. Have you seen that film where the Devil challenges that kid to a guitar duell. I think the devil was Steve Vai and the film called "Crossroads". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

A band that we have a few albums of are the "Blues Travellers" and Tenacious D reminded me of them, except that the Blues Travellers have a lot more harmonica.

Reply to
Nikki

You are correct, but can you remember who played the 'kid'? :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Nope. Who was it?

Reply to
Nikki

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 30/11/03 17:55:

The karate kid!!!

Reply to
Rory Manton

Who was the karate kid?

Reply to
Nikki

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:00:57 +0000, Nikki made me spill my meths by writing:

Ralph Macchio

Reply to
Wayne Davies