Re: And the show fiasco goes on.....

Pity the poor traders. They can't be at both shows so one is going to look pretty bare....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Sweepstake anyone?

Billing has 'the name'. My money goes on LRM pulling off the more successful show. I reckon all camping will be moved to Richard Arrowsmiths fields - anyone remember who started all that off? ;-)

Reply to
Mother

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:19:57 +0100, "Neil Brownlee" scribbled the following nonsense:

considering everyone knows Billing, I would guess that Kelmarsh will be the bare one....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Be interesting to see what happens. What if both are bare?

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:29:08 +0100, "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

it'd serve the silly buggers right.

At a guess, LRE, having fallen out with the Billing people, are out to try and scupper it, and with luck will catch a cold in the process.

Frankly, from what I've been hearing about Billing recently, I've no real desire to go there any more.

IME, Eastnor and Malvern have (last 2 years, when I've been to 'em) been good shows. Malvern in particular has excellent facilites, and no hassle that I could detect.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:54:40 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

exactly

Why not go down the Jeep route, where they have one big show a year, and then a couple of smaller off roading days? The current high number of shows *cannot* be sustained...

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I think they will continue but implode due to lack of intrest from exhibitors.

One show is not a good idea in my opinion as It's the location that is key for most people, unless of course you happen to have it in North Staffordshire which is the centre of the known landrover enthusiast universe as all will agree ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:04:41 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

Good point. however, having 2 shows within spitting distance of eachother on the same weekend is plain nuts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Seems that .... well .. just read this :-)

Neil Brownlee

On or around Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:44:09 +0100, "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

heh.

bollocks to the lot of 'em, I say. I'll stick with going to Eastnor and Malvern, anf hopefully more of the usual "crowd" will make it to the latter next year.

Reply to
Austin Shackles