Series 3 MOT

The MOT is due shortly on the 109 and I'm concerned what I'm hearing about this computerised system, namely the fact that my V5 has no vehicle model and the computer doesn't offer Series 3 as an option on the srop down list!.

Is this true and if so am I going to end up with a document saying something stupid like Jeep. Frankly I won't pay them if they insist on giving me a certificate that is factually incorrect as I could end up the wrong side of the law.

Some are telling me that they can enter 'free text' to get around this problem, but that they may have to guess the 'right' free text for it to be accepted!, any truth in this and if so does any one know what is 'right' for a S3 109?.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

A lot of their records seem to be incomplete but if you've had the new style MOT last time you will be ok. If it's been off the road and this is the first new type MOT then just check if it says on the V5C for revenue weight something like 2465 kg gross for a 109" and *not* 3499 kg or they won't test it! If there are any blanks, just tell the tester the correct entries as he will ask you but don't elaborate.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

That's a good point, I haven't had it long but the MOT is computer printed with a large bar code so I assume it is the new type, under model it just says 109 so hopefully ok.

That's one I was aware of, but my V5 doesn't give a revenue weight at all!.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Must be a Lightweight, no problems with that then. ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Had no problems with mine on the computerised MOT this year, with half the boxes on the V5 not filled in for revenue weight no of seats etc.

Larry

Reply to
Larry