Re: Diff Lock Not Working - Defender 90 - SOLVED!!

Finally got the issue resolved.

it turns out that the chap that had the vehicle before me had had the transfer box out at some point had hadnt put all the bits back together currectly!! The box is fine it was the linkage that wasnt travelling its full distance, hence close but no cigar.

To make matters worse the sensor switch was tempremental to say the least.

fixed the linkage and replaced the switch and hey presto all works fine!

thanks to you all for your input.

Jon

OK, tried this last night. > >one wheel can be stopped whilst the other is being turned. i guess >the diff is taking up the difference so Diff lock isnt working as >expected. > >I have called the garage where i bought it from and am taking it back >on Saturday for them to look at (its just around the corner and they >said they would fix it). i will find out what the problem is/was and >let you know. > >thanks >Jon > > >> >>> PK, thanks for this. I did what you suggested and both raised wheels >>> turn regarding of position of Hi/Low/Diff selector - except in >>> Neutral, then only one spins (as expected). >>> >>> Does this shed any light? >> >>What happens if you *carefully* try to stop the other wheel? You may need a >>helping hand at this point. >> >>David >>
Reply to
Jon K