RE: DISCOVERY late 1998

where will I find diagrams for replacing the ignition switch. AA bloke took it off an the manual is very concise. not sure what screws there was they' ve disappeared. got the two bolts for the clamp (sheer off). I need any diagrams of the ignition switch, I have got the Haynes manual.

from a puzzled lady owner.

Patsy Mc

Reply to
Patricia McCarthy

What do you want to know? Mine is in pieces right now, so real pictures are easy to come by!

You need two shear bolts for the clamp, as you say. With a bit of careful tapping with a punch you CAN reuse the old ones though.

The switch just wraps around the column and the electrical switch slots over the end. Then put the plastic shroud back on with three small philips screws. Flip up the plastic panel and turn two (or is it three?) plastic turn screws and the job is done.

Then you find the little plastic trim panel that fits around the key slot in the centre console that you forgot to put back on...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs