Re: - Laguna wiper blade replacment.

I've had a good old maul of the blade to try and get the plastic

> fitting out of what appears a U shaped end to the arm in slots in to. > Any one shed any light on this eighth wonder of the modern world?

In the U-shaped bit, on the underside IIRC, the plastic insert has a tang / bulgey bit that must be pressed (or lifted can't remember precisely) to allow the thing to slide out easy-peasy. The U-shaoped bit of metal has a square (I think) pressed hole which the tang / bukge 'springs' into to lock it into position and is _extremely_ hard to see until you're shown .... ;)

IIRC some versions (Mine was an S reg, sisters is an 02 reg) an extension bit of the tang sticks out the back of the U, but is still hidden by the arm, which eases the pressing / lifting.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Cheers will investigate further tomorrow in the daylight (while trying to resist the temptation to try out this new chisel!)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

if it is like my saab ones, insert a screwdriver on the side with the tang and twist it to pull the clippy bit away from the tang, then with your other hand either lever the end off the arm or pull it really hard till it flies off.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Right , turned out some knob has previously fitted the wrong type. The arms don't lift more than about 5 inches from the windscreen even at full sweep due to the shape of the lower casting.

I managed to get a tool between the windscreen and into the hole to depress the tang. Removal of the blades then required some A level contortionist skills. The Halfords ones give them there credit are designed to go on really simple, no fuss slide on , rotae plastic clip to lock them and done.

Now to repaint the mauled arms!

Thanks all!

Lee

Reply to