Re: Main/dip spotlights

Does anyone know of a source for spotlights which have a main and dip beam

> like normal headlights? > > -- > > > =============================== > Rich > V8 90 under reconstruction > RR 4.6HSE

Headlamps in a mount like a spotlamp at.....

in the lighting section...oddly ;-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 6 Jul 2003 19:15:49 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

lighting regulations specify 2 dipped lights maximum. Additional lights are either driving lamps, and must go out when on dip, or fog lamps, not to be used except in conditions of severely reduced visibility (ho fecking ho).

but for off-road use, please yerself, of course.

Mind you, I dunno if you'd fail an MOT with more than 2 dipped lights.

You can, in fact, have 4 dipped lights: it's acceptable to have left- and right-dipping ones, but only one pair must operate at any one time. This is for things that regularly go onto the continent, to save faffing around with beam correctors.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cibie super oscars or similar!!!

Reply to
vince

I wish I could have said it as elegantly as Austin, but that's the sort of reason I had at the back of my mind somewhere.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Yep. Look for the pattern to be described as "H4", which is the standard main-and-dip halogen lamp.

And be sure to be sitting down when they tell you the price :-)

Reply to
QrizB

Oh yeh. and a 90amp alternator to drive 'em

Reply to
Adrian England

On or around Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:01:02 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

there's a limit to how shallow you can have main/dip lamps, which is dictated by the length of the bulb. You could use 2 spots and 2 fogs, train the fogs down enough to make 'em qualify as "dipped", and then have the spots as well for "main".

Reply to
Austin Shackles