Re: WBCRT - - Theft of Land Rover and Equipment

From uk.rec.caving, and seriously good news to boot...

In article , sma writes

I have received an email from a SWCC member with the good news that the >vehicle has been recovered. It is undergoing forensic tests and will >then be back in oeration again. This is doubly good news in that >perhaps it will put an end to the puerile comments that have been made >on this subject in this forum. >

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

That's great news. Much damage ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Tue, 23 May 2006 09:10:40 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

what have the cavies been saying that's puerile?

I still reckon that a collection to put a tracker on it would be a nice idea. Not that I'm offering to organise it, of course, unless no other volunteers can be found anywhere.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| From uk.rec.caving, and seriously good news to boot... || || In article , || sma writes || ||| I have received an email from a SWCC member with the good news that ||| the vehicle has been recovered. It is undergoing forensic tests and ||| will then be back in oeration again. This is doubly good news in ||| that perhaps it will put an end to the puerile comments that have ||| been made on this subject in this forum. ||| || || || Regards, || || Simonm. || || -- || simonm|at|muircom|dot|demon|.|c|oh|dot|u|kay || SIMON MUIR, BRISTOL UK ||

EUROPEANS AGAINST THE EU ||
GT250A'76 R80/RT'86 110CSW TD'88 ||

Yes, great news. Didn't see any puerile stuff on afl, though. Are the speleologists going soft?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Just a smattering of comments such as "perhaps you should lock it up better" and all that kind of thing.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The cutting comments were not here - the OP posted, or rather cross-posted from elsewhere. There were a few nasty 'why wasn't it locked up safe' comments from (yes, purile) lazy feckers who do bugger all else than demand everyone else revolve around their needs whilst doing bugger-all to actually make any positive contribution in any way (or so it is said, etc.)...

(Hot discussion at the local Mountain Rescue meet on Sunday apparently

- I was otherwise busy missing the County Durham 'unofficial' after having caught that W.O.R.K virus thingumie).

Reply to
Mother

I wonder if that was why the thieves left it in a forest with the doors locked and the alarm set.... Just to see if the police tracked it down because a hidden tracker had been activated. I understand (from too many late night documentaries) that it is standard practise to leave the vehicle you have stolen just standing for a few days to see if Mr Plod turns up to the tracker signal. If he doesn't show in a few days it is safe to assume what you have nicked doesn't have a tracker and you can get on with taking it to bits or selling it on or whatever.

Anyway, glad they got it back.

McBad

On or around Tue, 23 May 2006 22:31:06 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I gathered - which was why I asked, as I'm far too lazy to go and look in uk.rec.guineapigs.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Theres a collection going for a tracker, organised through the mud club guys.

Tom Woods

It would be even nicer if Tracker were to donate one themselves!

Reply to
Dougal