Re: Whilst we're discussing the stereotypes ...

yes, but one can drive round them - some might suggest 'over' but that really would be irresponsible

Reply to
William Tasso

I watched a Micra take 5 or six shunts to get into a parking space in the local Tesco's where as I managed to reverce my 109 Series One into the same size space in 2 and thats was only because she has the turning circle of the Ark Royal ( but is less waterproof!). Some people cant/shouldn't drive any thing on the road.

Reply to
Rory

I live very close to a school and had to kids to get to school so I can see both sides. Why did I take them to school? For a start the amount of stuff they have to carry - text books, sports kit and swimming kit. The stuck up school banned coats from the class room and if left in the cloakroom it would not be there on return or if carrying the logo of the wrong football team, it would be cut to ribbons. It was cost effective to take them so that they did not need a jacket/anorak and obviously if they didn't have one it could not be stolen. The behaviour of mums on the school run has to be seen to be believed. The ones driving the BMW 4x4 are the worst - with the mobile in one hand and the other used to smoke. The 4x4 is needed to drive up the kerb or to park on grass verges. One used to park across my drive and told me it's your fault you shouldn't live near a school. I told her I had an angle grinder and would cut off what blocked my drive, she has not been back since! Crude but effective. The stupid LibDem lady did not know what a 4x4 was, all people carriers were 4x4s according to her and when I pointed out the neighbour's Japanese 4x4 sports car she could not understand. it is these ill informed people give us all a bad name. Robert

Reply to
Roberts

I was in one of those residential roads in Reading on which cars parked either side only permit space for one car to drive down the road at once. There was a car parking space and some student bloke in a stereotypical 2CV with flower stickers on was trying to reverse it into a space. As the front came round it hit the car on the opposite side of the road, at which point he started swearing and cursing.

Then however, instead of going forwards to break contact with the other car, he reversed further, now squashing the door of the other car, and swearing and cursing more! He just kept doing that, reversing a bit, crushing more metal, stopping, getting desperate, reversing again and so on until he'd freed the car. He didn't even manage to get it into the space. Probably the worst parking I've ever seen.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Too much garlic bread can have that effect ;-)

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

|| Richard Brookman wrote: ||| Lizzy Taylor wrote: ||| ||||| Impressions of size can be very misleading ||| ||| Absolutely. || || Too much garlic bread can have that effect ;-) || || Lizzy

:-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| There was a car parking space and some student bloke || in a stereotypical 2CV with flower stickers on was trying to reverse || it into a space. As the front came round it hit the car on the || opposite side of the road, at which point he started swearing and || cursing. || || Then however, instead of going forwards to break contact with the || other car, he reversed further, now squashing the door of the other || car, and swearing and cursing more! He just kept doing that, || reversing a bit, crushing more metal, stopping, getting desperate, || reversing again and so on until he'd freed the car. He didn't even || manage to get it into the space. Probably the worst parking I've || ever seen.

To be fair, he was probably out of his skull.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I notice you don't mention the fact that you got out and helped to watch him in.

Like hell, I reckon you just sat there and pissed yourself laughing, I would have. Makes up for a bad day. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Aww - sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I'll help if I think the driver is capable of understanding basic simple instruction and hasn't already reached the point of blind panic.

There is that.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:19:01 +0000, Lizzy Taylor enlightened us thusly:

Garlic?

and bread?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| On or around Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:19:01 +0000, Lizzy Taylor || enlightened us thusly: || ||| Richard Brookman wrote: |||| Lizzy Taylor wrote: |||| |||||| Impressions of size can be very misleading |||| |||| Absolutely. ||| ||| Too much garlic bread can have that effect ;-) ||| ||| Lizzy || || Garlic? || || and bread?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Reply to
Richard Brookman